The Nemo Arms 48-position gas block is available on the XO and the Omen models starting mid-year in 2023.
For unsuppressed shooting, we recommend starting the gas block at about 25 clicks from fully closed position.
- Turn the adjustment knob clockwise until it’s fully closed
- Turn the adjustment knob counterclockwise 25 clicks
- Test the setting by firing a few rounds and watch where your casings are ejecting.
- If you notice them ejection to the front of the rifle, there is too much gas
- If the casings are ejecting to the rear of the rifle there is not enough gas
- Ideally you want the casings to be ejecting straight out perpendicular to the rifle, at shooter’s 3 o'clock.
- We recommend adjusting 3 clicks at a time (clockwise for less gas, counter-clockwise for more gas)
For suppressed shooting, we recommend starting the gas block at about 5 clicks from fully closed position.
- Test fire at this setting and adjust per the notes above.
The 48-position system allows you to make fine-tunning adjustments depending on your environment, ammunition, or smoother cycling.
- If you are shooting lighter grain ammunition, or as carbon accumulates in your rifle, you may need to add gas to maintain proper cycling.
- If rounds are cycling properly, reducing the amount of gas can reduce recoil.
- We recommend adjusting 3 clicks at a time.